Experienced Legal Secretary (P.A.)
We are looking for an experienced Legal Secretary (P.A.) to work in our busy and specialist Family Law team, primarily working for and with the Head of Department, but also for the Family Law Assistant.
You will assist with the day-to-day smooth running of their office by providing diary management, handling calls with clients and other third parties, general secretarial administration such as typing, billing and minor accounts work, as well as Family team specific (e.g. court bundle/briefs to counsel/legal document preparation) and administrative tasks for other areas of the business (posting scanning, front of house).
In addition, you will ensure the needs of clients are met to the highest standard whilst adopting the Solicitors Code of Conduct and adhering to our policies and procedures.
Your Key Duties Will Be
- Provide full PA / Legal Secretary support to the Family Law team
- Correspondence and email management.
- Transcription of audio/digital typing and copy
- Providing initial support, but not advice, to potential clients over the telephone.
- Maintaining files in accordance with the practice’s policies and
- Maintaining confidentiality and data protection at all
- Dealing with enquiries from potential new clients including contact details, general outline of what their case is about, conflict checking on the case management system, making appointments or passing the enquiry to Fee Earner where appropriate, and explaining necessary documentation required for appointment.
- Deal professionally with general enquiries from clients, solicitors, and other third parties, in person, by e-mail and by
- Communicate and liaise with other staff within the practice, both on the telephone and in
- Assist in obtaining or providing information.
Skills And Experience You Will Have
- Working knowledge of Solicitors Accounts
- Experience of working within a law practice preferably, or in a professional services
- Previously worked in a secretarial/P.A./admin capacity in a Family department and has had experience of being able to work on own initiative to progress the administration of a
- Has previous experience of electronic diary management (Outlook) and time recording, as well as working on own initiative to be able to progress procedures within the
- Has experience of a case/document management
- Previous exposure to family
- High level of competence with Word, and preferably Excel.
If the role interests you, and would like to become part of our team, please send a short covering email with your CV, to Ian Davies.
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.
Residential Property Lawyer
We are currently on the lookout for an experienced residential property lawyer, probably for our Banbury office but possibly for our Bicester office or our Brailes (near Shipston-on-Stour) office. Some commercial property experience would be a bonus and relevant CVs to Toni Peppard, please.